Welcome to PowerBIforSchools

Lots of schools and MATs are starting to use Microsoft Power BI as way of interrogating and visualising the data from their MIS systems. BI is great for this and has enormous potential to distill lots of noisy data into simple indicators for time-poor school leaders, but it's also tricky to learn and has the potential to become a beast to maintain for (just as time-poor!) Data Managers.

The aim of this blog is to provide resources to help anyone using BI in education and to hopefully become a community of users who can share ideas and help each other out. I'd love to hear from, and host guest posts from anyone using BI for their school or MAT. If you'd like to get involved please contact me in the comments or at ed@rsic.co.uk

I'm the Head of Analytics at Bromcom so my day job involves developing resources for schools and MATs using BI and Bromcom's other advanced reporting tools, but this blog is something I'm doing in my own time, welcoming to users of all MIS systems and all the help and resources are free to access. I hope you find something of value here that you can use to help your school improve the way it makes sense of its data.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Data modelling for a large MAT

Subject - Class - Pupil Table

Attainment 8 in BI - Part 1